Hey everyone! I’m Christina, @christina_ww_thing1 over on Instagram. My friends at Western Bagel asked me to share 4 of my favorite bagel recipes with you! If there is anything I have learned after losing over 120lbs with Weight Watchers, it’s that you have to get creative to keep your meals interesting! Something that is great is using the Bagels in ways you wouldn’t expect! Most of us associate bagels with breakfast so I’ll start there!
Bacon, Egg White, and Pepper Jack Sandwich! Start with toasting a Plain Alternative Bagel (3sp) and spreading one Pepper Jack Cheese Wedge on it (1sp). Cook 2 egg whites over medium heat (0sp) and 1 piece of Canadian Bacon (0sp) or 2 pieces of center cut bacon (1sp). Enjoy!
You don’t need to go on an expensive cruise to have an indulgent luxury lox plate! Toast an Alternative Plain Bagel (3sp) and top with 1Tbs of Plain Whipped Cream Cheese (2sp), 3oz of Smoked Salmon (2sp), red onion (0sp).
Bagel Chicken Sandwich:
Now for lunch! I am all about quick and yummy meals! I heated up a chicken breast (4sp), and topped it with my favorite mustard (1sp), lettuce and tomato (0sp), and used a bagel as the bun (3sp).
Pumpkin Bagel Pudding:
For dessert, I decided to come up with a Pumpkin Bagel pudding recipe! Here is how I make it:
- 1/2c of unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/4c of canned pumpkin
- 1 eg
- 1/2tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 3tsp of Stevia Baking blend
- 3tsp of mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Alternative Cinnamon Spice Bagel
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 2 Ramekins with nonstick spray.
- Evenly divide with the bagel in the ramekins and top with chocolate chips.
- Whisk the first 6 ingredients together and evenly pour over bread.
- Bake for 45 minutes