DIY: Chicken Pita Sandwich
For these new series of posts, we would like to introduce the Western Bagel DIY Series. This is where our amazing products meet the do it yourself creative internet food culture. We will provide you with the most cutting edge tasty treats that will keep cooking fun and your taste buds happy.
Although we love our bagels, we also have a delicious set of Pita Bread products which are great for sandwiches, hummus and pretty much anything your hungry mind comes up with. If you’re familiar with our product we have an Alternative 2.0 and Original Recipe line that both of the Wheat and Plain pita varieties fall under.
The Chicken Salad Pita Sandwich has been a staple of most Mediterranean restaurants and cafes, but it’s really simple and easy to DIY. FYI: These are great for photographs and social media.
Prep: 15 mins, 10 mins of grilling
- 1 Alternative or Original Western Bagel Pita Bread
- ½ cup Lemon Oregano Dressing
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- Hummus (add as much as you like.)
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ Cucumber
- A ¼ cup of Feta Cheese
- Pour the Dressing into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and marinate the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. In a bowl, combine the sauces and ingredients. Then get ready to mix.
- Drain and remove the marinade. When grilling the chicken, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and spread across rack or pan. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Mince or cut the chicken into strips. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and cheese; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
- Enjoy, tweet or Instagram us a photo when done.