For this rendition of Stay Home recipes, we are working with an amazing Weight Watchers influencer Linds aka Pound Dropper, and believe us this is a name she is well-deserving of, not only has she taught her followers how to have fun, eat their favorite foods and still hit their goals.
As you well know, bagels are simple and that is probably one of the reasons you like them, so sometimes showing things as simple as an original bagel breakfast sandwich is really something you should add.
Less is more, less is more. Below are some tips from Linds herself.
This Easy Breakfast Bagel Sandwich recipe is so versatile, you can mix & match your favorite bagels, veggies, cheeses, and meats to create the perfect…Breakfast Bagel Sandwich!
These Easy Bagel Sandwiches can stay in the freezer for those busy mornings when you don’t have time to cook or before you head out the door. To re-heat; remove the sandwich from the freezer and unwrap. Wrap a paper towel around the sandwich and microwave for about 45-50 seconds on high. Turn over and microwave for another 15 seconds until heated through.
If you are making more than one sandwich; place each bagel sandwich in a square of aluminum foil. Wrap and place in a freezer storage bag. Store in freezer for up to two months. To re-heat; remove the sandwich from the freezer and unwrap. Wrap a paper towel around the sandwich and microwave for about 45-50 seconds on high. Turn over and microwave for another 15 seconds until heated through.
Weight Watchers Points for the Bagel: 3 Smart Points
- Cut bagel in half and place in toaster.
- Spray a small skillet with non stick cooking spray. Cook egg how you desire such as; sunny side up, poached, over easy, fried, or scrambled.
- Cook sausage patty according to the back of the package.
- Place cheese slice on top of sausage patty and then add egg on top.
- Cover with a lid and let the heat melt the cheese.
- Place egg, meat, and cheese from skillet on one half of toasted bagel and top with the other half.
Serving: 1 Easy Breakfast Bagel Sandwich Calories: 307cal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 5g
- 1 bagel (I use Western Bagel Alternative or Perfect 10 bagels)
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice fat-free or reduced-fat American cheese ( I use Velveeta cheese)
- 1 turkey sausage patty ( I use Kroger reduced-fat turkey sausage patty)